Friday, August 02, 2013

I have a confession.....here comes one of my favourite cards from the demo!

Did I say favourite?  I know we are not supposed to have favourites as it isn't PC. 
Don't you just hate it when you are told you can't do something as it isn't PC? 
I do. 
Life isn't fair and the sooner we accept it the better.  Is it wrong to tell my kids that? 
Some you win some you loose.  It is a fact of life. 
Or is it just me....hardmum.com!

So I am admitting on line that this is my favourite, it certainly was the card I demonstrated the most on Sunday too.  Maybe I'm not wrong then?  LOL.
Now you just want to see it.


I have used embossing folder Crafts-Too Noel together with card from The Papeterie.  To create the effect I have added Versa mark ink to the embossing folder before putting it through my die cutting machine.  I have then added gold perfect pearls over the swirls and Noel, then take a soft brush and remove the excess powder.   Using a sponge I have then removed what powder I don't want.  Then I have mixed more powder with water and painting over Noel to give a deeper coat.  Once dry I have used Diamond stickles on top of the Noel, mat and layered with coordinating card stock and finally added a bit of bling.  Simples!
Another relative flat card for postage and a quick way to colour, great for batch making as long as you leave the stickles to dry thoroughly. 

I love the effect of this card. 
Maybe I have found my design for this years Christmas cards?

Yesterday I bought more wool for my rug and managed to get a little more done, it won't take much longer now and I left the ironing for another day....#feel a bit naughty!
I have an early start again with work tomorrow but very little else planned.
I'm sure something will turn up between now and then. 
Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back next week with more.  x

No comments: