Wednesday, January 05, 2011


So for a change I got out the felt over Christmas to make a birthday gift for Karen, (she likes to get handmade gifts) "Happy Birthday" for yesterday, hope you had a good one.
I have to admit the birdies were inspired from elsewhere but I did make the patterns up myself. 
Aswell as being on the garland they can be taken off and hung individually, maybe on something twiggy!
It was lovely to get back to a little hand stitching, blanket and running used here and makes a change from cards.

I have picked up a few crafting bargains over the last week or so and am itching to play, however boys had a sleepover last night and are all still here playing.  Also I have to get sorted for boys going back to school, haircuts are a must, remove the Christmas decorations and the ironing pile from hell first, boo, hiss!
Then we have visitors arriving next week so better do some housework too.
My new stash will have to wait.  :(

3 comments:

Sparkle and Flourish said...

This little garland look gorgeous. I am sure Karen loved it! Love the blue and brown colour scheme. I am with you on the ironing pile...mine is horrendous too! Have a lovely day getting orgnaised!

Hugs Judy x

Shazza said...

this looks lovely Erika, never tried playing with felt since I was in school! Will have to come visit soon and you can show me how! Hope you get time to play with your new bargains, I haven't found any yet. Enjoying my last day before I go back to work
x

Kirsti said...

Gorgeous Erika...I love it!! May een have a go myself...have taken a shine to birds lately and bought some blank ones to have a play with!!! Kirsti xxx