Monday, October 04, 2010


Today I have two straight forward cards using the same stamps (PI  MM Christmas Wishes) but looking very different.  The black and white which is my favourite and a green and gold for those traditionalists out there...
The black and white card has been created using Spellbinder Nestabilities label 8 and black Archival ink with PI clear embossing powder.  I have finished with white ribbon from Papercraft's Boutique, black journalling pen and a bit of bling!
For the other card I have used cream and gold card stock, K & Co Winter Wonderland papers, PI gold embossing power, green gems and cream ribbon from my stash.  This card reminds me of cards I would have made in the early days, stamping and embossing then mat and layering...but loving this new tree, it is so shouting out to be embossed and kept simple.


The next card is a similar card to the one I created last week for Aberdeen also.  It is a shaker card and I have used the "Happy New Year" stamp from the PI clear set PA Large Christmas together with my Spellbinder Nestabilities round and big scalloped circles, acetate and K & Co Winter Wonderland papers inked with Ranger distress ink Weathered wood.  The white paper is again AC textured card stock.  I have used Martha Stewart Crystal coarse glitter, the bigger the better for shaker cards.  Finally I have added a gem from K & Co Christmas range and blue sheer ribbon from my stash.
I find that when layering up my shaker cards that 3D tape works the best as you have no little opening for the glitter to escape.

So that's me for today ladies, more tomorrow.  I'm away now to make some cards for friends and family. 
I also have my first challenge for the Sugarbowl to work on which I am really looking forwards to.
Happy crafting!!


2 comments:

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Big congrats on your Sugar Bowl post!!! Yippee! I can't wait to see your gorgeous creations :))

Love the simple and traditional cards you made. really classy!

Hugs Judy xx

Anne said...

Have fun in the Sugar Bowl !!Looking forward to seeing what you do .
Both cards great ,but the black and white my favourite too.
See you soon ?
Anne xxx