Thursday, December 29, 2016

Taking a wee crafty break.

Hi folks, hope you all had a super Christmas?
I had a very quiet one with working so it was just the four of us at home.  I shall have to wait till later in the year to see my family. 
Are you doing anything special for New Year?
We shall hopefully be spending it with friends then I'm straight back to work on Monday.  Back to normal for me.
Over Christmas I have enjoyed chilling out at home, eating far to much, a few drinks and a little crocheting.
I got some lovely new crafty supplies for Christmas, did you?
I am looking forwards to playing with them when I get the chance and the inclination.
I always find it difficult at this time of year to be inspired in a craft sense so have decided this year to take a wee break from blogging.  Since working the extra hours in work I have found less and less time to craft and basically have enjoyed more time sat by the fire and TV with one or two crochet projects to keep the hands busy.
Of late, I am finding that I am spending more time making to blog and less time doing what I really enjoy, crafting.
With that in mind it will mean no sharing an oldie on a Friday and no funnies on a Saturday.  I'm hoping that the break might give me inspiration to get in my craft room, have a good old tidy out and start a fresh later in the year.
I'd like to thank those of you  who visit my blog and have left such lovely comments about my work.  I do hope to still visit occasionally to see what you are making but it won't be everyday like I have in the past.  I am going to hope that spending more time sorting and crafting will bring back my mojo and get me back in the mood.

So it is without further ado I wish you all the very best for 2017, may it bring you joy, happiness and lots of crafty fun. 
As Arnold would say "I'll be back!"

8 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh that is a shame, I love your blog posts and look forward to Saturday funnies x

Mrs A. said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year and time for your crafting. See you laters. Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there, absolutely understand this decision Erika, there's not enough hours in a day and blogging is meant to be fun not a chore. I spent too much time between blogging and FB, almost ano obsession now.
Looking forward to when you feel it's right to come back in the meantime have a fantastic new year Kate x

Barb said...

Hello Erika, I absolutely understand. I think we all need a break as life seems to take over and it can be a bit overwhelming at times to keep up with blogging. I'll miss reading your posts but it's important that in your busy life you spend a bit more time actually doing and enjoying your crafting. I'll certainly be here when you decide you're ready to return.

Enjoy your break and I wish you and your family all the best for 2017. Take care. Hugs, Barbxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Sorry to hear this but totally understand where you are coming from. I have had similar decisions to make as there is just not enough hours in the day.
I hope your break helps you to find your Mojo and crafty inspiration returns renewed.
In the mean time I'm sending Happy and Heartfelt wishes to you and yours for a fabulous 2017!
See you soon,
Lorraine

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Hi Erika, fully understand and glad I popped over to you today to see what was going on. Was just ready to post an oldie but that can wait.

It is very time consuming "doing the blog" and I too am going to take it more easy next year, as I am a Design Team member on a couple of sites, concentrating on that and just a few blogs.

I will look forward to seeing you in 2017 and want to wish you and your family all the best.

Crafty hugs x x

karenlotty said...

Do you know what Erika I totally agree with your words It's alomst as if I was saying them. Having said that I am going to carry on with my blog for now because I made a commitment to a Design Team. But come the Spring I may well be helping my daughter with child care which will reduce my daylight crafting time when I make cards I can always knit in the evenings!

Diane said...

Best of the New Year Erika, and happy crafting.

Hugs Diane