Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It's nearly Christmas, and I'm so organised. NOT!

Good afternoon, a busy weekend followed by a busy couple of days in work, where does the time go?
We had our Christmas crafty get together on Sunday and good fun was had by all.  Lots of crafting, eating and giggling!
I managed to get a small handful of Christmas cards made at last but decided to make an executive decision and bought the rest at work.  Time is so against me again this year.  So much to do and so little time to do it in.  I have my family arriving on Friday, at the same time my hubby and boys are off on an adventure!
Me, I'm working right up to Christmas but I'm grateful I am not doing the full shifts my colleagues are doing, I'm pooped as it is.
I'm off tomorrow and Thursday, then back in Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
If only I could find a magic pixie to do the housework so I can concentrate on Christmas.
My tree has been up all week but is still waiting to be decorated.  I thought my boys would like to do it but I guess I will be after finishing the Christmas cards.
My handmade cards are not Christmas coloured at all this year choosing to go with a white and kraft colour combo.


I have used my new die set and stamps from Papertrey ink together with fine glitter, white ink and a sizzix Christmas embossing folder.  I have cut through the card and the snow background is on the back of the inside.  I used "stick it" to add the sparkly snow scene in the centre, it's wonderful stuff working with dies, you so need some if you haven't yet used it!
Something just a little different this year for a change.

I'm away now to finish writing my cards, hopefully I shall get the tree decorated later too.  I have a long list of jobs and it's best just to start at the beginning and keep going!
Hopefully I will get there and everything will run as smooth as clockwork, if it doesn't then I shall have to just adapt and conquer by other means!
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday, I'll be back tomorrow with more.  x

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Erika, I think you need to give out jobs to your boys. "You no help you no get presents". I would be saying. I did it one year to ours, of course they thought I was joking. Oh shock horror on Christmas morning and no present plus and u decorated tree you might just get all the help you are needing. I did. You can't work, and do everything then again you might be supper mum. Well they think you are. Your card is lovely, I have done a few none traditional coloured cards this year. Who said we can't?? take care. Hazel x

Shazza said...

love the card. I am in the same boat, still writing cards today and no decs up at all, tomorrow hopefully. At least I am finished work Friday so I can get organised then, Have a good one xx