Thursday, May 16, 2013

Distressing time with ink and Spellbinders....not!

Morning all, today I wanted to share a card which combines playing with inks to create a background and adding a Spellbinder die to frame your work.  This is something I have done before but I love playing with the results.


For this card I have started by creating the sun using Distress ink Mustard seed and a mask.  I have then created a cloud and sun mask before adding the Broken china ink edged with Stormy sky.  The grass is Peeled paint then I have edged around the whole image with Vintage photo.  With this technique of adding ink I find that dabbing the first pick up makes it blend easier....the phrase less is more truly applies here.  It is better to add lots of light layers than to rush with one dark one.
The sentiment is Crafty Impressions Star Greetings and the birds are from Inkadinkado Utopiary.  I have finally used Spellbinder dies Classic square and Fleur de Lis Square to create a frame.
These cards are great fun to make and vary so much dependant on your ink.

Today I shall mostly be at work in the morning and then I have the kids off school so guess an activity of some description will be in order for the afternoon.
Have a super Thursday and more from me tomorrow.  x

7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

This was my favorite Erika, loved it and having bought the stamp set I'm going to have a go. Must try and get hold of the frame die. Have a good afternoon with your little ones, Kate x

marion said...

Fabulous background and card, have a fab day, hugs, Marion

Lau W said...

Wow ! This card is so beautiful, love it so so much !
Have a nice day !
xxx

Juls said...

Wow!!! I just love this!!!! Hugs Juls xxx

Shazza said...

love this, you have the ink blending off to a fine art x

Kat said...

Fantastic card Erika. That frame is so effective round that lovely scene.

Have a lovely weekend.

Kat xx

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous! Love the colour combos on your image paired with this intricate spellbinder die!