Saturday, April 13, 2013

Last but not least from my first Spellbinder class.

Morning ladies, well you'd be disappointed my my making yesterday, only 30 whiskey cards! 
The girl is on a roll and that's two orders now ready to ship out...might even get some playtime this weekend, can't wait.
Anyway the last card.....I wasn't sure about this one, going through my less is more phase, but the ladies seemed to like.


How many dies did I use on this one?! 

A few....it's addictive, don't you know. 

I have used D-lite dies Fantastic Flourish three (x4), Nestabilities Classic circle, Asian Accents, Decorative labels 1, Tear drop circles and Decorative labels 8.  The sentiment is again by Marion Emberson, Find joy everyday, pearls from my stash and all the card is from The Papeterie.

I have the day off work today so what to do?  The boys don't seem to want to do anything just now....is that just teenagers?! 
Mind you I have been asked to bake with them since they've watch Master chef and The Great British bake off with me.  Maybe a morning in the kitchen is in order. 
They've also shown an interest in sewing!  Yes I've made them sit through the Great British Sewing bee too.  Love it! 
Doesn't it just make you want to get all creative.....it is great that handmade, and make things yourself, is having a revival.
My mum used to cook everything from scratch and bake every week plus all our clothes were made too. 
On the clothes front I do think in the 70's it was the cheaper option but not now. 
Still nothing beats that sense of satisfaction when you've created something yourself.  Don't you think?

That's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow with some girlie grunge...then Monday I shall be starting on my favourite class....should I have a favourite?  Probably not. 

Happy crafting!  x

6 comments:

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Erika. That is a lot of dies but they make a stunning card. I should use more of my (many) dies!

I loved the bake off and am really enjoying the sewing bee too. The child's apron and the cushion I made recently were the first things I had sewn in years. My Mum always cooked from scratch too and was an amazing seamstress. She even made me a kilt once. She also baked and knitted. I've always liked to knit, crochet, cross stitch and bake. My girls can both bake and cook no problem but neither of them does any handcrafts. Yet! I live in hope.

Have a lovely weekend.

Kat xx

cuilliesocks said...

stunning Erika, the design is gorgeous. Where do find the time to fit everything in, you must be Wonder Woman!!, Kate x

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning, the dies are fantastic. Where do get the time to fit everything in, you must be Wonder Woman, Kate x

marion said...

Looks fabulous, hugs, Marion

Unknown said...

Hi Erika, what a busy lady and a beautiful card. In our family I did the knitting and my sister who was a machinist did the sewing. I was never very good at sewing but did love knitting Icelandic, Aran sweaters and baby things. Now I make cards don't have time for anything else.

Wilma x x x

Lau W said...

So fab work with so many dies, wow !
xxx