Thursday, April 18, 2013

Inking techinques..Distress ink style.

Morning, yep posting early this morning whilst playing catch up with Broadchurch...don't tell me la, la, la...fingers in my ears! 
Who did it? 
Could be so many different characters I usually have a stab but am reserving judgement with this show...why?  Because I haven't a clue! 
So many twists and turns....anyway back to crafting and today I am starting with my 3 cards from my inking techniques class.
I  have created similar cards to these in the past and love playing with the Distress inks to make backgrounds.  Working with these inks (Broken China below) is all about practising and getting a feel for the ink.  We started by just applying one colour creating light and depth here.....


It's all in the movement, little circles and not too much pressure then you don't get lines.  Also I find dabbing off initial ink helps, a bit like the dry brushing technique.  It is much easier to add light laters over and over till you are happy than try and rush it. 
The stamped image is by Marion Emberson Birthday kisses and the sentiment is by Hero Arts Anytime messages.  I did of course have to add a bit of Spellbinder magic into the mix using the Classic square die together with Fleur de lis square to create the frame.
This is again a very much less is more card, the style I seem to be favouring just now.

That's all from me today, now I can't decide to iron or tidy my craft room....oh the decisions.  I'm fancying making a Key lime cheesecake instead.  Nomm, nomm.
Have a super Thursday.  x

7 comments:

marion said...

Such a fab card, wish I could make some of those :), have a lovely weekend, hugs, Marion

Lau W said...

Oh wow ! nice work withe the distress ink ! Superb card, as always !
...can i have a little part of cheesecake please ? :-))
xxx

Shazza said...

love this Erika. Haven't seen this weeks Broadchurch yet, waiting for a suitable alone time to get peace to watch it. Hope you baked insted of ironing or tidying x

cuilliesocks said...

This is such beautiful work, that's a gorgeous frame. Your ink work is magic, love it all.Kate x

Kat said...

Gorgeous Erika, that blue background is really lovely. Love how you've made that lovely frame. Really liking the image and sentiment too.

Hope you made the Key Lime cheesecake, sounds yummy.

I have spent my morning icing cakes for Messy Church. Then cutting out coat shapes from felt and adding safety pins so they could be badges. Not sure that makes sense but this month the subject was Joseph. As you can imagine we got some amazing "technicolour dreamcoats!" Children's imaginations are fantastic, even the very little ones made great badges or coat pics. Now I'm shattered, I want to craft but not sure I have the energy!!

Kat xx

Unknown said...

Ok forget about the card the Key Lime Pie sounds interesting. Well the card is gorgeous too. I have not tried much inking yet, building up slowly to try different things. I seem to be very heavy handed but practise makes perfect and I will need a lot of that.

Wilma x x x

Juls said...

So very stylish !!! Hugs Juls xxx