Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WOYWW 141

Doesn't Wednesday come around quickly?
Today I'm afraid it's more of the same from me.  I was hoping to have this Wedding licked by now but with children off for half-term....need I say more.  I need to get it sorted as I'm away to the trade fair at the NEC in Birmingham this weekend and have another lady wanting Wedding invites coming next week......yikes!
My desk this week;


I'm about 1/2 way through my day invites.  I've left a finished one there for you to see.  It is very simple from the front with everything going on inside.  All the information of the wedding on the top and a pocket with the RSVP on the bottom.
Why not go and have a nosey via Julia's blog and see what everyone else is up to....I love having a look.

Just before I go I mentioned yesterday about Herman.  Now 10 days ago my good friend Christel arrived with a plastic contain of shall we say goo and some instructions announcing that she had "Herman" the friendship cake for me and I had to look after him or he would die!  No pressure there then!
It turns out that Herman is a sour dough cake mix that you have to look after and leave out on the kitchen worktop covered with a tea towel for just over a week....feeding it twice in this time before splitting it on day 9 and sharing with your 3 of your friends.  The 4th section you bake yourself on day 10.  I was surprised how tasty it is as it goes against all your natural instincts to leave food out of the fridge for that length of time.
Fancy a slice?
Here it is........it goes mighty fine with a nice cup of tea!


That's all from me this Wednesday, whatever you are up to enjoy.....happy crafting!

17 comments:

okienurse said...

Herman looks yummy! Your desk looks very busy! Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Don't forget my blog candy is still up for grabs so drop by and leave a comment and make sure you are a follower. Vickie #64

Kath Stewart said...

thanks for the crafty snoop erika...keep your energy levels up with lots of that yummy cake...hugs kath xxx

Peggy Cain said...

Had a good visit to your desk. snack looks pretty good.Have a great day!

May said...

Ooo Yummy, busy desk, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

MvM-design said...

love to see your creative desk!
Happy Wednesday :-)
Hugs Marleen #45

Stephanie said...

I've always wanted to try one of those "Herman" type of things--looks like he turned out well!!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...i think you may have to clone yourself Erika!...have a lovely week...Mel :)

Shazza said...

yummy, invites look very classy. Look forward to catching up next week x

Sarpreet said...

beautiful cake, good luck with the invites, Great workspace, Happy WOYWW 141, thank you for sharing,# 52

Lou said...

I think i would have thought twice about the cake but what a lovely idea, love that gorgeous black bow! Have a great week Lou @ #91

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I've looked after a Herman before, it works well, doesn't it?
Good luck with all the wedding invites - it never rains but it pours :)
Hugs, LLJ #72 xx

SandeeNC said...

I killed my friendship cake, lol...twice! Finally gave up! Thanks for letting me take a peek at your desk, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I'm finally getting a few more blog to view on WOYWW, but I never get to them all:( Love all of the busy desks and yours even has a wonderful sweet treat! I just became a follower as well. needlewings # 56

CraftygasheadZo said...

Your invitations look fab! Take care, thanks for sharing & enjoy this WOYWW. Zo xx 86

Princess Judy Palmer said...

See, Herman's a man. Men can handle that food left out of the fridge for so long. :-) I'm with you, that might make me nervous. I'm loving the wedding invite on the desk. I don't think invites need to be overly elaborate. The simple but elegant look works so well!

Maggie's Crafts said...

Yummy! :)

Great crafty space.:)

Maggie
#152

fairy thoughts said...

i have had herman too as you say it's delicious. good luck finishing the invites
happy belated woyww
janet #60