Monday, February 20, 2012

Stitches

As I may of mentioned in earlier posts,  I was away at Stitches in Birmingham this weekend.  I had a lovely time wandering around all the crafty stands checking out what is going to be hot for the next year.  So what did I see?
What is going to be hot......lots of wool and some really trendy funky wool with fab patterns.  Lots of traditional felt, kits to make felt items and materials like felt.  Plenty of materials with lots of bunting in red, white and blue not a surprise really with the Queen's diamond jubilee and the Olympics on this year.  Lovely threads, buttons and ribbons.  Step away from the ribbon....I do have a thing for ribbon!

I took some pictures of things I liked so I'm afraid it's paper crafting all the way.  Let's start with a special picture for my fella sweetie Elaine....I saw these on the Personal Impressions stand and thought of you;


We used these in our class with Tim and even got a couple to take home.  I love them.  They have a brush nib and a thin plastic nib for journalling or fine work.  Tim mentioned it is a fine plastic nib as a lot of the felt nip thin tips tend to split over time so you will always get a fine finish.  I also love the fact that they all coordinate with all his other ink product ranges, there is even a white!  YES!
Elaine you so NEED them all, LOL, oh and I did put in a good word for you.  :)

On to some of the new papers, I loved these by Cosmo Cricket;


There is still a lot of Steampunk around both in embellishments and papers.  I also noticed that the Circus seems to be up and coming too, check out this range by Graphic 45;


And finally for today lots of lovely new PI stamps;


Within the stamping world there seemed to be a lot of scene making ranges, lots of stamps with either matching metal die cuts or chipboard cut to size and lots of altered art style images.

Today that is a wee taster of a few items I liked.  I've got loads more photos to share with you this week but guess you all want to know what did we make with the main man......Mr Tim Holtz....do you want to see that tomorrow?

3 comments:

Elaine said...

BUT....did you not frisk Mr Holtz for me???

Yes Erika...I know I need them and I did ask Karen if she would do part exchange...I get the full set of markers and she can have my husband, son and 2 cats, but she wasn't too impressed with my generous offer :(

I am sooooo jealous that you got to play with them! Humphhhh..off to sulk under my desk now

Hugs Elaine xxx

Fiona said...

wow Erika...fabby stuff...the pens do look amazing!! so how much are they selling for??

Fi
x

mixamatoasties said...

Wow!! I so need those pens. And the papers. And the stamps.

Hope you're having a fabby time.

Susan xx