Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Remembrance Day

I did mention that I would be back with a second post and something I support every year.
I always look at the paper poppies and think...
it has worked for years and costs need to be kept low
but I would like to give it my own stamp of respect.
So yep, I will still be donating this year as always
however instead I shall be wearing this;


My very own little contribution, a felt poppy all hand stitched and beaded then finished on the back with a brass pin.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

I'd love to know what you think?

5 comments:

Elaine said...

fabulous Erika, and a great idea. We should never forget and always support!
I would try and make my own too but have you seen me and sewing ha!
Maybe I could make a paper poppy?

Hugs Elaine xxx

Wiccababe said...

I think it's a fantastic tribute Erika - and if you're taking orders, then I'd gladly pay for one
Debz
xx

Cathy said...

Stunning poppy Erika, love the blanket stitching, and such a worthy cause to be wearing it for.
Hugs
Cathy xx

ForgedinPaper said...

I think it's lovely. I bet they would sell like hotcakes.

Juls said...

beautiful piece of stitched work!! Hugs Juls