Monday, July 25, 2011

Baby boom!

As today it is announced on the TV that we again have a shortage of midwives in the UK due to the present baby boom,
 I have to agree as I have been asked to make three baby cards in as many days.
I have made two boy cards or as they're called locally "loons"
and one girl or "quine"
I have decided to show you a wee loon.


As I have mentioned in previous posts my cards for none crafter's are somewhat different to those for crafter's and are along the "less is more" theme.
I personally find this none fussy approach is more appealing to people who don't make cards,
having said that I quite like this approach myself too. 
Could it become the next big trend?
I have used the fabulous digi image from Sugar Nellie called
 Bambino.
I adore this image and it is fab to colour with copics/promarkers,
I tend to use four skin tones and four blue tones and blend.
The beauty of this particular card is the fact that it can be totally personalised on the computer with a few added embellishments and a wee bit of matting/layering.
Now I want to make like a certain Meerkat and say
"simples, squeak"
but to any none UK readers you will be thinking what the......?!
It is a very popular advert in the UK and has a meerkat discussing a mix up with websites HERE.
Just so you know.
Now don't you feel better that has been explained!  NOT!

3 comments:

Cass said...

It's gorgeous Erika.That image is so beautiful
Cass xxx

Wiccababe said...

stunning Erika, I don't think there is a more beautiful baby image out there.
Debz
xx

Juls said...

just so so adorable!!! Hugs Juls