Thursday, April 21, 2016

Just for you.

Hello and how are you this Thursday?
A missed post from me yesterday, it was such a lovely day I had the urge to clean my kitchen cupboards and then bake so my crafting took a back seat.  It is rare that I want to clean cupboards so I had to crack on whilst in the mood!
I did have to ask myself one question though, "who spends all morning cleaning the kitchen then bakes!"
I do it all the time.  Bonkers.

It must be time for new businesses just now.  One of my pals as mentioned in an earlier post has taken over the wee gift shop in our village harbour and another friend today has re-opened her craft business after moving from Elgin to Alves.  I popped to Alves this morning to wish Karen all the best in her new venture.  Once the coffee shop and all the gifts are sorted it will be a cracking little crafty/watering hole to stop off at.
To wish her well I rustled up this little CAS number.


I have used tartan by Craftwork cards, the flower stamp is Patricia's garden by Scrappy cat and the scroll is by Hero Arts Cheer up, the sentiment is Just Rite Thank you labels 20.  I have then rounded the corners, layered on black card and added a bit of bling to finish.

I also spent some time yesterday booking myself a wee couple of days break next week. Excited.com!
I am going to Edinburgh for The Knitting and Stitching show at Ingliston.  I have a couple of classes booked and a hotel.  I am leaving the boys with their day for the weekend and am off on an adventure. Is anyone else planning on going?

Finally yesterday I had a wee play with some cutters I got at Christmas but hadn't yet used.
I made some Stained glass window biscuits and some strawberry creams.  I think these cutters are going to need a little practise with.


The shapes are supposed to be little men and snowflakes, as you can see not all worked but I have shown them in all their "nailed that" glory rather than just picking out the better ones.
My youngest loved the stained glass ones at the top, where as my oldest liked the strawberry creams at the bottom.
They certainly passed the taste test even though not looking perfect.  My youngest stated that they were "sick" which I believe nowadays is a good thing?!*
At least they were happy.  I was experimenting as it is the school fair on Saturday but I think I'll stick to my Malteser slice this time and get in a bit more practise.

That's all from me, what are you up to today on the Queen's birthday?
I have the dog walk to walk again soon in the sunshine, which is a nice change.  Then into the usual routine for this evening, with hubby arriving home at some point after being away all week.

Before I go I just wanted to add how sad it was that Victoria Wood died yesterday.
Famous people seem to be dropping like flies this year don't they?  Scary.
I have had the joy of seeing Victoria live a couple of times and I laughed till I cried at her shows.  Her song about Brian and Freda with the keywords "beat me on the bottom with a Woman's weekly", never had me looking at that magazine again in the same light!
Her "rite tall" pal Kimberley, the fitness instructor Hayley Bailey to name but a couple sketches along with Acorns Antiques and Dinner ladies, she was a comic genius.  Such a sad loss.
I couldn't leave without sharing this in her honour today.  Catch you again tomorrow.


7 comments:

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Well here I was waiting for your blog to post "oldie for Friday" to find out silly me its Thursday. And I should have known it as it was coffee morning at the village hall.

What a silly me....so will link tomorrow my blog.

Love those biscuits - could eat them all up. Great card and wishing your friend all the best for her new adventure.

crafty hugs Pen x

cuilliesocks said...

Thank you so much for the Victoria clip, it's fantastic, she was fantastic, wonderfully talented lady who has gone too soon.
Love your card Erika, it's a beautiful design and the little flower is fab. Wonderful looking little biccies too.
Enjoy your time at the craft fair, Kate x

Cara said...

Great baking. I've not done any baking for ages, but I often used to clean the kitchen first, much nicer to work in a clean, clear space. Victoria Wood will be sadly missed, she was so talented both comically and as a straight actress (remember Housewife 49?). Just heard that Prince has died too, not a great year is it? Hope you have some more good weather to enjoy, Cara X whoops, almost forgot to say that I really liked your card too, the little tartan touch is fab!

Fiona said...

oh Erika, you are so talented! I spotted your little card in the shop today...just wished we made it before you left :(

Fi
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very sad news indeed, she was a very funny lady. Fab card,mlucky you being able to pop to Karen's shop,

Barb said...

Your baking looks lovely. Very yummy. The card is beautiful and I hope your friend has great success too. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time in Edinburgh. Bet you can't wait. Barbxx

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Erika, such an elegant black and white design.
Your biscuits look yummy, I bet they didn't last long!
Pauline
x