Saturday, March 19, 2016

It's the weekend, time for a smile or two, crafty hooking style of course.

Good morning and how are you this Saturday?
An early shift in work for me today, covering a colleague's holidays then the rest of the day will be rugby, rugby, rugby!

Today I am again sticking with the crocheting theme.  I am hoping that my choice of crafty quotes will amuse you this weekend, they did me.

Firstly do you ever just buy something crafty because you like the look of it, or the texture of it or the feel?
I do this quite often with yarn, especially when it's soft and shades of teal.
What will I do with it all?


The next two quotes are on the same theme.  We all have that project no matter what your craft is. You know the one, the one you made a mistake on, (and can't remember where) the one you put down because you just couldn't understand the instructions.  Clear precise instructions, my a**e!


I have a cross stitch sampler I started over 25 years ago and I made a wee mistake on the thatched roof.  Now no one else, till now would know, I don't even know where the project is.  It's probably in the corner of the loft sat in a box in disgrace.  
Please tell me I am not the only one?

This next quote is so true especially when trying out a new pattern.

I have to say the baby's face is more me when I do crack a pattern and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  You know the look....of stubborn determination.

That's all from me today, I hope you have enjoyed my choice of quotes to make you smile this weekend?
Have a "good one" whatever you have planned and more from me next week.
Before I go I'd just like to thank the ladies who joined my oldies post yesterday, the new Mr Link worked well, yippee!

3 comments:

karenlotty said...

Hello Erika
I have just posted my oldie and hopefully added it to your link

PS I found the hooker mug on Etsy - expensive but I just had to have it. We're moving to a new office next month and so I thought I need a new mug to go with it! (Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! I do have a collection of over 100 mugs too so a no brainer really) Have a good week end

Barb said...

I love that baby's face. It does look like an expression of determination, very funny. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the weekend. Barbxx

Cara said...

Great funnies. I have a Noah's ark sampler in cross stitch somewhere that has been in time out for about 20 years! I'm sure it's still not remorseful. Have a good day and enjoy the rugby. Cara x