Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Order in full flow so what to share with you?

Good afternoon, this morning seems to have disappeared with very little to show for it other than walking the dog and washing up pots and clothes.  My wee man is back in fine fettle so hoping to get him back to school tomorrow.  Thanks for your comments Patricia and Hazel, it does make you wonder when they don't really want to go to school.  I have had a chat and he seems to be fine, not the happiest he has been but lets hope it is a phase!  I don't think it helps at this time of year as they don't get out and about to play as much as the warmer brighter months, roll on Spring.
Looking at the weather on the west coast of America yesterday, it doesn't look like Spring will be coming soon, more like extra helpings of cold and snow first.
If you are affected by the weather in the States, wrap up warm and as they always say here, "don't travel unless you have too!"
That could prove difficult with so much transport grounded anyway.
It is forecast to reach us later this week, something to look forwards to, NOT!

Anyway back to today and I am in full flow cutting out for my Wedding order.  It's good to be busy but very boring to share, I haven't even got fancy die shapes.
I therefore decided to show you a little unfinished project, I have so many, this is a little something I was playing with in the run up to Christmas but just ran out of time to finish.  It is made using my new dies from Papertrey ink.


I quite like the white but it does most definitely need sparkle too, and maybe a greeting.  It does however give me a feel for the dies.  I quite often do this when I get new dies, cut them in plain card stock.  It can be very useful as a tool when layering up ideas before deciding on a colour combination.  I think that might have to be my top tip of the day!  ;)

Back to the drawing board, so to speak, more from me again tomorrow.  x

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's quite a detailed die does it come in several bits and where is paper tray
located.
anne

Lau W said...

Glad to see that you son is better !
Your decoration is nice, love it !
xxx

XxJULESxX said...

well it looks gorgeous Erika!

Kirsti said...

It's lovely...I too have wedding stuff to be getting on with...good luck. Xx

Shazza said...

looks lovely. Hoping we don't get lots of snow this week. I want spring to come x

Patricia said...

Love, love, love it Erika.
Keep thinking i would like to have a go at something like this but never seem to get round to it. This year, maybe this year. I like the white on white, a "dinky" greeting could be added if required.
Glad the wee lad is OK, finger crossed he will be fighting fit and raring to go tomorrow.
Hugs

Patricia xx

Carol said...

I think I need those dies Erika...beautiful use of them! Hope little man is raring to go tomorrow. Carol x

Jenny L said...

Hi Erika,
what a super, super creation.
Love it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh how did I miss this wonderful globe. love the scene in the bauble, hugs Kate x

Juls said...

gorgeous, love all the white and the dimension hugs Juls