Friday, October 18, 2013

A birdie and reflection!

Mmm a strange title but all will become clear as you read todays post, trust me!
Firstly a birdie, referring to this bespoke card I was asked to make recently for a chap who will be turning 80 and is keen on golf.


The plaid is by Joanna Sheen and buttons by Dress it up.  Card from The Papeterie and the 80 cut on my Cricut.

Now on to the reflection....this is what I bought at the Auctions....


Now I grant it isn't as exciting as the tea service but I have always wanted a full length mirror, every girl should have one!
There is no age to this mirror but I do like the frame.....it is going to get a makeover.  The room it is going in has a silver, white and cream décor so it will be getting altered.  You'll have to watch this space to see how I get on......I have my Annie Sloan chalk paints at the ready!

This morning I'm off to visit a fella crafter Hayley for a wee catch up then I've promised the boys a walk in the woods with the dog later and some baking.  On the upside I ploughed through the ironing pile yesterday at great speed. 
Why then do we feel the need to get the washing up to date?  #Backtosquareone!  I just can't wait!
Anyway that's all from me today catch you again very soon.  x

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Erika what a fab card, jimmy will have loved it. Now I can see why you bought your mirror, I would agree it's right for a make over can't wait to see it revamped. Now as for being good and eating salads, their salads are so yummy they just make you want them, no two bits of lettuce, tomatoe and a slice cucumber here, I can't eat it all as it's like one of our bags of mixed leaves, finely chopped peppers, strips of carrot cucumber, cherry toms, cranberries, mixed nuts or seed, sweet corn and mixed beans plus fruit, on top of that you get grilled chicken, fish, salmon etc. what every you want done how you want. S.W. Diet special you could say, we won't say to much about the mini doughnuts!! Hazel xx

Lau W said...

Oh great male card, superb !
And the mirror is superb too, very nice purchase !
Have a super week-end my friend !
xxx

marion said...

Perfect for the occasion, I'm sure Jimmy will love it, hugs, Marion

Patricia said...

Great card, love all the wee embellishments.
Fantastic mirror, a real must have. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Hazels daughter has just finished a "mirror makeover" she made a great job of hers with "decopatch papers"
Hope you enjoyed your walk in the woods......its the last thing you would have wanted to do down here in miserable Perthshire.....!!!!
Have a Great Weekend

Patricia xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Great card Erika, fab embellishments and just perfect for a golfet.

Love your mirror, looking forward to seeing it altered, hugs Kate x

Shazza said...

oooh I likey. Cannot wait to see what you do with it x