Monday, January 30, 2012

Do you take shortcuts?

Do you find that you are really bad at sending cards especially on time when you make them?
Or is it just me?
Talk about a bus man's holiday!
If you are like me and get caught last minute to you cheat a wee bit?

Confessions of a crafter!!

Today it is my wee nephew's birthday and I remembered Saturday just after last post for Monday.  After a conversation with my brother it seems my wee nephew is very keen on dinosaurs just now.  My brother and I do have an arrangement that we buy an extra present for our kids from each other that way they get something that is needed or wanted.  However the guilt of not sending his card yet sent me onto the net yesterday looking for a wee something to send....I came up with a walking helium filled dinosaur balloon which will arrive in a huge box for him to open tomorrow. 
What two year old isn't happen with a large balloon and a big box?


Now my brother loves minimum cards so this morning I set to work on my "cheat" card and here it is;


The dinosaur is from PC Hugware and I have decoupaged it myself adding google eyes and Glossy accents.  The two was created on my Cricut machine and the lettering on the computer.  Less is definitely the case on this card, but I'm guessing he will be more interested in the box and balloon, if my boys are anything to go on at that age.
I bet all you crafters out there are much better organised than me....in my defence I do always seem to have other work on, honest.

I also wanted to send my eldest boy a wee food parcel at school so always like to pop a note in too.
Again as I am needing to be elsewhere today it has been another quick card using PC Hugware......shock horror!!


He loves all animals and at the moment is showing a real interest in reptiles so I thought this Gecko would be ideal, again I've just added a 3d element and Glossy accents.

So ladies and gentlemen my confession is official.....runs off to my craft room to hang my head in shame!  LOL.
I'd love to hear how you cheat when you're short of time........please don't tell me I'm the only one!

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

These are great Erika and I too am rubbish at making cards for myself to send!!!..Two today..oops!!

Kirsti xx