Sunday, November 13, 2011

New shoes?!

Today it is our local crop in Hopeman so my next job is to pack my bags ready to go.
I have a pamper evening in the middle of next week at the local school that I've been asked to do a stall for, so I think I best get my thinking cap on and make some items for that.

Today I thought I'd share with you my new shoes from my recent demo in Elgin.
I love these.....
great idea for a novel Christmas gift, filling the toe with a couple of sweeties or cosmetics.


For my shoes I have used;
MME Loss and Found Union Square papers.
Spellbinder Nestabilities Layered Poinsettia.
Sentiment stamp by PI Paula Pascual Essential Christmas.
Distress ink Vintage Photo.
Lace from Papercraft's Boutique in Elgin.
Beads from stash.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Stacy Cohen for allowing me to use her fabulous template for my demonstration which you can find here, together with some of her lovely samples too.
Why not pop on over to her blog for a wee look.

When my son saw me making these he said,
"mum they're way to small for you, are they for a baby to wear?"
I replied I don't think the heel would stand my weight if nothing else
and I can't see a baby in them either.
To which the reply was...."then why are you making them?"
Don't you just love kids!
My reply was of course
"because I can....and I love a challenge!"
I'm not a girl who goes mad about shoes or bags if anything I prefer a good sheet of 12" paper, LOL.
But I guess we all know a friend with a love of shoes.....don't we?
Even better a crafter who loves shoes!

Have a great Sunday.
To all those out on parade this Sunday, stay warm.
My eldest is doing his bit today but I am gutted that I won't be able to see him....
but then I'd only embarrass him by welling up!
My other boys are playing rugby or they too would be at a service.
My favourite parade I was involved in was on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh....have you ever tried marching in the wet on cobbles....my it's slippy.
More from me tomorrow.


5 comments:

Liz Miller said...

I've been looking forward to seeing those Erika after you dropped a hint that you'd been playing with a shoe template. These are lovely. Thanks for the link to the template.
Liz xx

Wiccababe said...

stunning shoes Erika, and the poinsettias are just perfect on them
have fun at the crop
Debz
xx

Kirsti said...

Great shoes Erika...gutted I didn't make it to crop today...had a hot date with a football match...lol...hope you guys ad a great afternoon...

Kirsti xxx

Shazza said...

they are great Erika, I love shoes but not as much as a nice 12 x 12 lol!
Thank you for today, best Sunday i've had in ages x

Juls said...

wow how brill are these!! fabulous and creative!! Hugs Juls